Godfrey Girl Number 3

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Boston Reunion Day Four - The Talent Show

Sunday was like every other Sunday with my family; crazy. I forget when church started but it was a mad house trying to get everyone ready at the same time. After church was lunch, nap, and a little R&R. Then we had dinner all together and how we managed to get everyone around the table in Marcie's small kitchen will always be a mystery to me.

After dinner we played Pokino, which is a variation of bingo. Only we had made up boards with different pictures of each family member and as such, names were called out instead of numbers. It was a cute idea. Instead of chips for pieces we used M&M's. Once done playing each person got to keep their board to take home. 


After the games came a stroll down memory lane. My mom and Dad took turns telling us how "WE" came to be. They each told us a bit about their lives before they got married and a bit of what it was like after they got married and before us kids came along. My dad doesn't exactly give inspiring talks but it was interesting to hear him speak about the olden days. I won't bore you with the details or to videos of that part of the night but here's a picture. 


And finally we got to the talent show portion of the night. Everyone was asked to prepare something to show everyone what kind of talents you have. I am just going by memory at the moment since I don't have the video transferred just yet. If I remember Jaret played his sax, Niah showed us his drawings and some martial arts, Lanesa did a ballet dance. Toby shared his new kids book with us and I don't recall if Marcie showed us a talent or not. I played the piano (not very good I might ad), Iolana danced to Van Halen's "Jump", Dan shared his newest song with us "Trapping the Fly", and I believe Diedra shared one of her guitar songs with us. But, at the moment I don't remember what Star, Dave, Braydon, Ashton, or Corbin did. I'll post an update once I look at the video.


All in all it was a great day; we spent time together as a family and got to know each other just a little bit better. What more could you ask for on a Sunday.

0 comments: