Godfrey Girl Number 3

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Boston Reunion Day Three - The Lake

On day two we went to a lake, I can't remember the name of it though. And had a blast. Since it was at a lake I didn't get to take many pictures as I was all wet and looking after two kiddos. I think hubby was able to take some video of the events but I haven't done anything with them as of yet.


After the lake we all went to a camp to greet my nephew on his return from his pioneer trek. The stake youth all got together, were split into families, given rations a hand cart and off they went. They trekked for three days along paths that were similar to the circumstances and environment that the pioneers had endured all those years ago. The experience is one to remember. I had the opportunity to participate in a pioneer trek when I was in YW. It puts things into perspective for a young adult to realize what others had accomplished to enable us to be where we are today.

After the welcome back ceremony we were treated to a barbecue feast but I'm not so sure it was worth the 1.5 hour wait in line for it. SHEESH! On to day three...

0 comments: